- Make Something ~ Karyn’s brilliant website on all her sewing and DIY projects. Professional stuff! And she’s the one who got me hooked on Japanese sewing books, too…
Fabric and haberdashery stores
- Volksfaden ~ German store, located in Berlin, offering fabrics of a number of US and Japanese designers
- Modes 4 U ~ China-based shop with a lot of Asian and American fabrics, plus an incredible amount of “kawaii” stuff of all kinds.
- Folhoffer ~ Germany-based professional tailoring supplies, offering a broad range of all kinds of interfacings, also hair canvas
- Frau Tulpe ~ Berlin-based shop for a number of national and international fabric designers as well as colourful haberdashery
- Celtic Fusion Fabrics
- TricksyKnitter ~ Excellent source for all things to do with knitting – featuring a clever knitting pattern editor!
- handgemacht – feine Wolle und Gestricktes ~ a wide range of rather hard-to-come-by, exclusive yarns in their online shop, plus a number of interesting (free) projects and patterns
- wollstudio ~ frequently good bargains, fair shipping, and the only shop with a daily changing “happy hour” during which all orders get a 5% discount
- Rebecca Online ~ Store of German knitting magazine Rebecca, where you can get handy wool packages for all models in their magazine, as well as just buy the great ggh-wool in all its varieties
- Wolle und Design ~
- wollywood ~
- wollfactory ~ inexpensive basic wool, and some recycled cotton yarn
- DROPS ~ Norwegian producer of knitting and crocheting yarns, magazines and supplies. Thousands of free patterns on their site!
sewing, writing & fangirling…